Updated December 18, 2020
You are very welcome at Het Roode Koper. Despite the unprecedented extraordinary situation this moment, we have arranged our estate in such a way that you can come and enjoy a few days carefree to enjoy nature, delicious dishes and each other. Because every stay at Het Roode Koper is currently linked to an overnight stay, which is not included into the measure of 'horeca closures', we are allowed to continue to welcome you as an overnight staying hotel guest.
The restaurant and bar are closed. On arrival in your hotel room a stylishly set table with beautiful linen, candlesticks and silver cutlery will be ready. Breakfast and dinner are brought to the hotel room door. On the terrace we have arranged beautiful seating areas around fire places. In the villa and outside on the terrace you can take a seat 1.5 meters away from other guests. We do not serve food and drinks. For this we have set up several take-away points on the estate. In the lounges you can read a book or play a board game with your family. The playroom is open for children where there are craft and drawing supplies, air hockey or table football.
We are few guests, so the space is entirely up to you on our 10 acre estate. All this with strict adherence to the 1.5 meter distance rule and a safe indoor environment in the public areas in the villa where a hypermodern and state-of-the art air ventilation system continuously ensures clean (outside) air. Safety at Het Roode Koper has been and is being tested with the North and East Gelderland Safety Region and is guaranteed by us in tailor-made measures. Do not hesitate to come and enjoy the peace and quiet on our estate. We can provide you with a safe and relaxing stay thanks to:
- the measures we have taken to prevent further spread of the virus. Among other things, we have invested in an intelligent air ventilation system that continuously measures the air quality and ensures the supply of filtered, clean outside air
- the current layout of our estate (space and privacy details see below)
- the extra services we offer to make your stay a safe stay (details see below)
General safety precautions:
- Our employees strictly maintain 1.5 meters distance from you and each other.
- At the entrances of every house and every interior you will find pumps with disinfecting hand gel.
- On our spacious estate, we only receive hotelguests on the basis of prior reservation and we keep the total number of guests present at the same time very limited.
- We manage the flow of guests on our estate in a coordinated way without a hindered feeling.
- We invested in the development of very high-quality splash guards. At your request, we can place these on the table (s) for you (with a distance of 1.5 meters already). These splash guards are from the ground up to 65 cm above the table and form an inverted L. The screens protect not only the people opposite each other at the table but also the space between the people.
- If you have a fever or a cold, please do not come to our estate but stay at home. This also applies to your family members or other travel companions in your group.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, we will ask you if you have any COVID-19 related complaints. If this is the case, we unfortunately have to ask you to go home.
- The reception is open daily from 7.30 am - 10.30 pm, but our staff will keep their distance. If you have any questions for our reception staff, we ask you to come with 1 person at the same time.
- When you arrive at the hotel, we will not shake hands or take your coat. At an appropriate distance, we will personally discuss your stay with you.
- We will hand you your room key that has been completely disinfected.
- For carrying your luggage to your room we will disinfect the handles of the suitcases or bag in advance and after carrying.
- The restaurant and bar are closed..
- We provide breakfast, lunch and dinner in an appropriate manner for staying hotel guests.
- For food and drinks we have set up take-away points on our estate.
- Chef Dennis van den Beld and his kitchen brigade cook a daily changing dinner.
- In the hotel rooms, we set up the seating area for you as a breakfast and dinner table.
- We will enter the hotel room only for cleaning and for preparing your seating area for breakfast and dinner.
- The heated outdoor pool is closed since 1st of November.
- The tennis court is open. We kindly request you to take your own rackets and tennis balls.
Cycling and walking
- From the estate you walk or cycle directly into the forest. You can follow signposted routes ranging from 2 to 15.5 km.
- Before you arrive, we would like to be informed whether you want to rent a bicycle. Then it is ready upon arrival. Please indicate whether it is a touring bike, mountain bike or electric bicycle.
Dogs and horses
- Dogs are welcome: on a leash on the estate, in your room in a crate.
- The boxes for guest horses are open on behalf of reservation in advance.
Tip to take with you!
- We recommend that you bring a backpack for a packed lunch and a water and / or thermos bottle. Also we advise you to download the National Trust app on your phone for cycling and walking routes in the area.
Within the mentioned measures, our team is ready to welcome you. Do you have questions? Please call us on telephone number +31 577 407 393. The reception is open daily from 07:30 - 22:30.
We are very much looking forward to making your stay an - in the positive sense - unforgettable stay. To make our home your home. See you soon at Het Roode Koper!
With best regards,
Sietske Doespers en Peter Bos
Team Het Roode Koper